Sunday, September 26, 2010

Felt like it

Almost the end of September and I have not yet posted this month, it's been horrendously, ridiculously busy. All good things, but a bit more going on than I'd ideally want. At least, the slower pace of winter is something to look forward to. There's definately a bite in the air which makes my heart sink. But it does mean... knitting season. Mmmm.

On the topic of wool, I am preparing for an upcoming felting workshop, where I will be teaching some folks to needle felt, and wet felt. And because it's autumn, make autumny things, like.... Mushrooms!

I photographed these in the park, and some kids came over to have a look cos they thought they were real.




So, I will be doing an Autumnal felting session, where we learn to make mushrooms, acorns. Any squirrel would be sadly disappointed to find these cuties:



Closer to Christmas I'll do another workshop on bead and baubles, here's some felt beads I made, in their felt container(!) and then a couple of finished products, necklaces made from a mix of felt beads and other beads. I quite like them, and was well pleased with my container.







And finally, baubles to put on a Christmas tree: oh these were so much fun to make...





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List